DC Universe – the new streaming service from DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Digital Networks is now on the air. When I signed on last night, the first thing I did was watch the pilot episode of the Wonder Woman TV series of the 1970s. Then I watched the first two episodes of the Justice League animated series from the 2000s. Then I read some Green Lantern comic books from the 1960s. And then… And then…
What do I get for a $75 15-month subscription?
- Movies – Live action and animated
- Television Shows – Live action and animated
- Tons of digital comic books
There are four new live action shows coming soon:
- Titans – the Teen Titans in a teen-drama
- Doom Patrol – a spin-off of Titans
- Swamp Thing – not a revival of the early 90’s series
- Star Girl – as in Star Girl from the Justice Society of America
And two new animated series:
- Young Justice: Outsiders – finally! been waiting forever for season 3
- Harley Quinn – described as adult comedy.
What am watching today?
- Wonder Woman – the television series, starring Lynda Carter, that originally aired for three seasons from 1975 to 1979.
- Justice League – the animated television series which ran from 2001 to 2004 on Cartoon Network.
- Legion of Super Heroes – the animated series that ran on Kid’s WB from 2006 to 2008
- Super Friends – the Hanna-Barbera classic that ran for 9 seasons from 1973 to 1986 on ABC. It was so bad, it’s good!
Meanwhile at the headquarters of the Legion of Doom…
Last night, I discovered that among the hundreds of comics, the first 75 issues of the 2nd Green Lantern series. The period covered, 1960 to 1970, coincides with my earlier comic book reading days and back-in-day, Green Lantern was my favorite super-hero!
For a long time now, I have kept on a watchlist on Amazon all of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. I have watched a few, but now I can watch them all. Well, sort of, I am not finding “Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox“, but there is enough to keep me in the DC Universe for some time to come. The content is expected to be updated monthly.